Wireless headphones are powered by a battery built into the entire design or in each plug separately. The average autonomy of a Bluetooth headset is 3 to 12 hours, so it needs to be periodically connected to the network for the device to work. The reader learns how to charge wireless headphones properly and how long it should take this process from the article.
How to charge Bluetooth headphones correctly
Below are detailed step-by-step instructions on how to charge Bluetooth headphones from different manufacturers properly.
How to charge headphones correctly? It’s effortless, but sometimes there can be nuances. Here’s the full instruction on how to charge wireless headphones:
- Take the cable to charge from the kit. Usually, it’s USB on micro USB, Type-C, or Lightning.
- Connect one end to the headphones.
- The second end of the cable (USB plug) connect to the connector computer, laptop, power bank, or adapter (aka charging for headphones) to charge from the network. It can be used in cases and adapter in the car. The current and voltage strength (look in instructions or on the charging cable) should be the same.
- Lights up or changes the color of the LED.
- We wait as much as specified in the instructions—usually 2 to 6 hours.
- The headphones are fully charged when the light changes color, stops blinking or extinguished. However, there are exceptions.
How Long Do Headphones Battery Last?
There is no definite answer to this question, as the autonomy of the headset depends solely on its type and battery capacity.
Blues headphones like AirPods, Xiaomi Redmi, Boost, icy, and Hiper TWS can withstand up to 3-5 hours of continuous listening on a single charge. This headset is called True wireless and is equipped with a wireless case from which it receives a charge. That is, the battery is the earbuds themselves and in the charging unit.
Ranking the best Bluetooth headset liners
The blues headset, equipped with a short wire connecting the plugs, will last 5-8 hours on a single charge, depending on the battery capacity.
Overhead headphones (Basic, Telefunken, Haylou, Digma, etc.) have an arc connecting the design. The average autonomy of such devices is from 5 to 12 hours. Also on sale are available models that can work on one charge for a day.
Full-size headphones (Defender, Forza, Dialog, Beats, etc.) are similar in design to overhead but differ in that they fully cover the ear. As a rule, such devices are built roomy batteries, the charge of which should be enough for 12-24 hours of continuous use. But to charge such a headset will be from 2-3 hours.
Accurate information about the autonomy of a particular model of headphones is indicated on the box and in the instructions for the product. If there are no instructions at hand, you can determine how many hours the headphones will hold without a network connection on the manufacturer’s website.
Is it possible to charge wireless headphones from an outlet?
If the headset is equipped with its own charging adapter, you can connect it to the socket. If the box does not have a power supply (most models include only a cable), it is safer to charge the device from a computer, laptop, or plunge back. In addition, it is recommended to use only factory chargers, as third-party cables and adapters can reduce the battery resource.
Is it possible to charge Bluetooth headphones by charging from your phone
Theoretically, it can be done. But a lot depends on the power of current and voltage the headset supports. We study this information in the instructions or on the manufacturer’s website, then look at the force and voltage of the power adapter. If these indicators are the same, you can charge the gadget by charging from your smartphone.
In turn, the discrepancy between these indicators, the headset battery can begin to discharge faster or even “swell,” i.e., become unusable.
Features of charging wireless headphones (True Wireless)
As noted, True Wireless is a wireless earphone that is powered by a charging case, and a USB cable powers it. To charge such headphones, you need:
- Put the headphones in the case and make sure that the lights are on (if they are provided). Close the case.
- Connect the case to the wired charger, which comes in the set. One end of the wire is inserted into the corresponding connector on the case, and the other – to the power adapter.
- After that, on the case, the LED will light up, either change color or start flashing.
- Wait until the battery is full and disconnect the case from the power. This again will be signaled by the LED – it will start to burn or change the color.
As soon as the battery of the case gets power, the user will be able to use it to charge headphones and connect to the network. All you need to do is place the earbuds in the case and wait for the lights to signal the end of the charge. Typically, the battery capacity of the case is enough for 3-4 cycles of charging.
When you install headphones in the case, we check that the headset and/or case light up the lights. You can also see if the headphones are disconnected from your phone. If so, then they are correctly installed in the case.
Often, the indicator of the case’s charge level and the headphones themselves is not the same thing. For the case, it is located on the outside, and for earbuds – inside.
In addition, each headset can charge and discharge at different times (for example, the main earpiece can lose charge faster than the second one).